We're on a mission to empower youth to cherish and protect this beautiful planet of ours.
At Drizzle, we believe:
- Environmental sustainability can be achieved through the cumulative effects of individual and collective action.
- As future leaders, today's youth need opportunities to cultivate appreciation for the environment, gain knowledge of environmental issues and develop the means to create a sustainable future.
- Spending time outdoors creates a love of nature and fosters the desire to protect it.
Drizzle Environmental Society's mission is to create an active, informed, global community of youth committed to a greener future.
What We Do
WE PROVIDE PROGRAMS AND INITIATIVES IN SCHOOLS, IN OUR COMMUNITIES AND ONLINE THAT:
- Engage youth and inspire them to take positive action in their communities;
- Increase knowledge of environmental issues that affect our planet and humanity's future; and
- Provide opportunities for youth to connect with nature.
A sustainable future is possible. Youth are the key to getting there.
Drizzle Environmental Society was founded by Darcy Green in the summer of 2014. A recent university graduate, environmental advocate and lover of the outdoors, Darcy believed a sustainable future was possible through the passion and collective action of today's youth.
Darcy soon recruited three like-minded friends to join him on a mission to inspire youth to protect the planet and build a strong connection to the natural world around them.
Since Drizzle was founded, we have created a thriving digital community made up of thousands of youth around the world and have built the beginnings of a movement towards a greener future.
Drizzle Environmental Society is a registered non-profit organization. While geographically based in Vancouver, Canada, we engage with and inspire youth around the globe.